Search form

You are here

Employee Resources

Onboarding for New Hires

The following list includes important information to be reviewed by all new hires at Quinsigamond Community College:

In addition to the above, part-time employees must also review

Based on an employee's employment classification at hire, relevant Union Contract/Employee Handbook must be reviewed prior to hire:

Other Instructions

Employee Lived Name Change Process

The following process is followed when an employee seeks to be identified by their lived name rather than their legal name. The College acknowledges that a lived name can and should be used where possible in the course of college business and education. Employees may use a lived name wherever a legal name is not required on internal documents, communications, systems, and web portals. Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Employee identification cards
  • Email and calendar entries
  • Course listing
  • Intranet directory
  • Business cards
  • Name tags
  • Awards and recognitions

An employee’s legal name shall be used on all College documents, systems, and communications external to the College and/or where a legal name is required. Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Financial aid records
  • Employee accounts records
  • Employee personally identifiable information
  • Payroll records
  • Health records
  • Federal immigration documents
  • Interactions with government agencies

In order to change your lived name, please do one of the following:

  • Email humanresources [at] Once your email is reviewed by Human Resources, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
  • Visit Human Resources in Office 222 in the Administration Office. No need to bring anything with you.

The change will usually take 1-2 weeks to become effective, but during peak times of the semester could take up to 3 weeks to complete.  This process is for internal employees, all new employees will be able to complete this process during onboarding.

In order to change your legal name on all College records, a court order or other acceptable legal documentation is required and has been granted.