QCC is committed to access for all individuals. The purpose of Disability Services is to assist students with disabilities achieve their educational goals by providing reasonable accommodations and support services.
Disability Services collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create a campus environment that is accessible, equitable, and inclusive of all members of the college community. As a student and faculty resource, Disability Services offers a number of services to facilitate access.
Definition of Disability
Disabilities are impairments that substantially limit one or more major life activities such as learning or working. The impairment may be either temporary or permanent. Disability Services works under the auspices of federal laws Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (1973) and the Americans with Disabilities Act with Amendments (2008). The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (1990) does not apply to the postsecondary setting.
Reasonable accommodations provide equal access to courses, programs, services, activities, or facilities, for qualified students with disabilities. Accommodations are based one educational history and submitted documentation, and are determined on a case-by-case basis. Common accommodations include extended time for exams, qualified ASL interpreters, and a less-distractive environment for exams.
- Contact Disability Services to make an appointment.
- Send in disability documentation to Disability Services via FAX, mail, or drop-off. Contact Disability Services to obtain a copy of the disability documentation guidelines.
- Meet with a Coordinator to discuss educational history, learning strengths and needs, and accommodations.
- Assistive Technology Resources and Support
- Medical Parking
- Information and referral for college supports
- Various services based on student need and interest: The Social Group and the Student Leadership Crew
Get Started Today! Disability Services also offers:
- College Placement Test guidance
- Course and schedule planning
- Step Into DS orientation program
- GRIT Workshop (Get Ready In Time: training on QCC’s email and software programs)
Information is released only with the student’s consent.