Search form

You are here

Unemployment Training Benefits Help

If someone from the MA Division of Unemployment, a Masshire Career Center, or an affiliated agency, told you to reach out to the College for one of the following reasons (as a current or prospective student): 

  • To ask the College complete part of an unemployment-related application called “TOP/Training Opportunities Program” or “Section 30.”
  • To start the College process for other unemployment training benefits such a TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance), or ITA (Individual Training Account)

Start the process by completing the QCC Unemployment Training Benefits Intake Survey

After you submit the intake, we will review your responses and contact you to discuss the next step(s)for your individual situation.  Make sure the contact information (email/phone) you enter is accurate so we can contact you.  We typically respond within two business days.

While waiting for a response, there are some enrollment steps you can take on your own to keep things progressing.  Find the status below that is closest to yours, and review the steps. If there are any steps you have not yet completed, move forward with them. When a training benefits advisor contacts you, we will help you make adjustments (if necessary).

Current Students:  Register full-time for all of the next term(s) open for registration into the major under which you intend to pursue your benefits. 

  • Register at least 12 credits for fall/spring, and six or seven for a summer terms. 
  • If you are not able to enroll into your intended major because of a wait list, make sure to enroll in the next-closest major.  For example, if you wish to eventually major in nursing, you can currently enroll in Healthcare Pre-nursing
  • If you need help with registration or changing your major, reach out to your assigned advisor or Advising: 508.854.4308 or advising [at]

Prospective Students of a College-Credited Certificate or Associate Degree:  Get started (or continue/complete) the new student enrollment steps.

  • If you have prior college credits, they are a very important factor in both your QCC enrollment and unemployment training benefit application.  Obtain an unofficial copy (this will be much faster than ordering official copies) and email them to uebenefits [at] as soon as possible.
    • Note:  You will also have to get official copies sent for transfer credit, but unofficial is the way to get the quickest help with training benefits at the time).
  • Completion of these enrollment steps (application, high school document, college transcripts) is required to help you with unemployment benefits, so the sooner you can finish, the earlier we can help you!

Prospective Students of a Workforce Development (Noncredit, shorter-term) Program:  Get started by checking out our course offerings.

  • If you are interested in any of our healthcare programs, contact cce [at] to obtain an application packet.
  • If you receive SNAP benefits, you may be eligible for our SNAP Path to Work programs.

For more information or to obtain an application packet, contact cce [at]

Please note:  If you have any questions about your unemployment claim, such as issues getting your claim processed, questions about the amount, etc., please contact the unemployment office.  Nobody at QCC can answer these questions.

If you have specific questions about using your unemployment training benefit at QCC, email us at uebenefits [at]