What is the TEAS test?
The TEAS test is a four-part, web-based, supervised assessment that includes subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage.
Why do I need to take the TEAS test?
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC) has made the TEAS test a requirement for admission to the Healthcare programs. QCC has set the following Standards on TEAS scores for admission to improve the success of students in completing the program.
When should I take the TEAS?
Quinsigamond Community College recommends the applicants complete admission requirements for your specific program before taking the TEAS test to enhance their knowledge base. For clarification or additional information, please contact the advising center at advising [at] qcc.mass.edu or the admissions office at admissions [at] qcc.mass.edu.
Test expiration information
Applicants to those Healthcare programs requiring the TEAS must achieve the required scores within two attempts of taking the TEAS test AND within 5 years of application to a Healthcare program.
- The Math subtest covers whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages and ratio/proportion.
- The Reading portion covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
- The English subtest measures knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
The Science portion of the exam covers science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, human body science, basic physical principals, and general science.
- A study Guide is available for the TEAS test at the QCC bookstore.
- Review classes are offered for the separate sections of the test. For more information please review the information at the Testing and Test Preparation Catalog.
ATI provides an on-line practice test and a study manual for students for a fee. You may access this information at ATI Testing.
On the Day of the Test
- Students must bring a valid picture ID to be admitted into the testing site. Students will not be allowed to take the test without photo identification.
- Please arrive at testing site 15 minutes before the starting time. Late applicants will not be permitted to enter once the test has started.
- Students will receive their test results prior to leaving the testing site. Test results can only be interpreted in consultation with your advisors. TEAS proctors cannot interpret your test results.
- Calculators are not permitted at the testing site or during the test.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Cell phones, iPods, pagers, other electronic devices, books, notes, or study guides are prohibited from use during the test session. Any test taker found using any of the above during the test session will be asked to leave the testing site immediately.
- Test dates/times are subject to change.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Seats are limited.
Testing sites will vary but the majority of the TEAS tests are scheduled at QCC’s Center for Workforce Development and Continuing Education:
25 Federal St.
Worcester, MA 01608
(Please note this is NOT QCC’s main campus location)
***For information regarding the Admissions process, please call the Admissions Office at 508.854.4262 or visit the QCC Admissions Site.