Search form

You are here

Student Billing FAQs

1. What does the Student ID Fee cover?

Students pay for a Student ID once per academic year. If you already have an ID, you will need to have the card validated each academic year.

This fee is used to support expenses associated with the Harrington Learning Center, our library, and the services it provides. You will need a student ID to use the library and athletic center. You must have a student ID when picking up financial aid refund checks, selling back books to the bookstore or receiving a waiver for sales tax from cafeteria purchases.

2. What is the Student Support Fee?

Students pay a Student Support Fee for the Fall and Spring semesters only. This fee is used to support wellness services for students as well as activities associated with various campus organizations including clubs and athletics.

3. What is the Technology/Energy Fee?

This fee is used to support expenses associated with computer labs, electronic equipment, classroom equipment, computer software, audio-visual hardware, database management systems, laptop computers, and telecommunications systems. The energy portion of this fee is used to help supplement the increasing energy costs and usage throughout the College. This fee varies per semester and is based on the number of registered credits.

4. Once I pay the Parking Fee and receive a parking decal, will I be able to park at all locations? 

The parking decal covers designated student parking at our main campus on West Boylston Street.  It also covers our Downtown, Southbridge, Senior Center and Assabet Valley locations.  There may be additional parking costs for off- site instruction. If you do not park on campus, you may waive the Parking Fee by submitting the Parking Fee Waiver Form. This fee supports the costs related to maintenance of the parking lots and roadways at the College.

5. What is the Lab Fee?
This fee is used to support and supply the scientific laboratories on campus and to maintain the equipment in those laboratories. This fee is assessed for each lab class.

6. Can I waive any fees if I do not use the school facilities except to attend classes?

All fees (except parking and health insurance) are mandatory and cannot be waived and go toward the cost of running the college.

7. What is the Registration Fee? 

The Registration Fee supports the administrative effort of the College associated with the entire enrollment process including Registration, Advising, Financial Aid, Assessment Testing and Student Payment functions.

8. If I withdraw from a course will I still be charged or will I get all my money back?

Each semester the College has a specific refund policy. The Tuition & Fee Refund Policy can be found on your billing notification, in the college booklet, on The Q and in the Business Office. Please refer to that policy for exact dates and penalties. If you are not attending your classes you must officially withdraw from your classes in the Registrar's Office, room 152A. If you are receiving a financial aid award please consult with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing as your financial aid eligibility may be affected.

9. Do I need to purchase the Compulsory Health Insurance at QCC?

You do not have to purchase the health insurance through the school if you have comparable coverage.  If you have comparable coverage you will need to waive the health insurance fee before the published deadline. The FALL 2018 waiver is now available.  Please contact the Business Office with any questions you may have concerning the health insurance fee / waiver by phone at 508.854.4560 or by email at businessoffice [at]

10. Where do I go to pay my bill?

You can mail your payment to: QCC Business Office, 670 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606-2092.  You can pay over the phone at 508.854.4560 or go to the Business Office, room B07-A, which is open from 8AM to 7PM Monday-Thursday and 8AM to 5PM on Friday (noon in the summer). You may pay online by logging into The Q, the Student and Faculty Portal.  The College accepts cash, checks, money orders and credit cards.

11. When will my financial aid refund check be ready?

You’ll receive a check for your excess financial aid award after all charges have been paid to the College. Once the funds are available a refund check will be processed and made available for pick up in the Business Office, room B07-A. You will receive an email notification to your student Qmail account when you have a refund check available.  A picture ID is required when picking up a refund check. 

12. What are Program Fees?

All programs have a minimum $115 program fee for the Fall and Spring semesters.  Certain high demand and equipment intense programs have higher semester driven program fees associated with the program major to help support the needs of the specific program. (See QCC Program Fee Sheet)

13. Does the College offer payment plans?

The College offers on-line payment plan options each semester (except Intersession). For additional information you can log into The Q or contact the Business Office, room B07-A.

14. How can my parent or guardian gain access to my billing information?

In compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Quinsigamond Community College policy, the Business Office cannot release any information pertaining to a student’s record. In order for any information to be released to anyone, other than the student, the student must provide our office with written consent. The student can complete the Authorization to Release Information Form and return directly to the Business Office. Please be aware that this is only valid in our office. The student should also go to the Registrar's Office and the Financial Aid Office to fill out a FERPA form.