Search form

You are here

Immunization Requirements

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, General Law105CMR 220.600  requires QCC to collect proof of immunizations from the following students: 

  1. All full-time students (12 or more credits) under 30 years of age and 
  2. All health science students – both full-time and part-time (note that health profession programs will require additional health records and requirements**)
  3. All students on a student or other visa - both full-time and part-time (including foreign exchange students and those students visiting or attending classes while on academic visitation or exchange program). 

All of the student groups noted must submit proof of immunizations for the following: measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); hepatitis B; varicella (chickenpox); tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap); Meningococcal ACWY is also required for students age 21 or younger.  

Please note that positive titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella will also meet the state requirement. 

**Healthcare students will need to provide records for immunizations/titers/and health documents. These are required before attending clinical.  

Positive titers are required for healthcare students. 

For questions on immunizations please reach out to immunizations [at]

Castle Branch

QCC has partnered with Castle Branch, an online service, to collect and store immunization records securely. Students who are required to submit immunization records will receive an email invitation to use Castle Branch.  Once the invitation is received, the student must complete their order and upload a copy of their immunization records and any other requirements for their account. Only those students who receive an email invite will be required to submit their immunization records. If you receive an invite to use Castle Branch, please do not delay. Your prompt attention is required. 

Here are some options to locate your immunization records:  

Contact your:

  • Elementary or high school  
  • Previous college or university  
  • Pediatrician or primary care office  
  • Board of Health where you grew up 
  • Current or former employer  

Check your:

  • Baby book (your parent/guardian may have one)  
  • Military records 
  • Immigration records (if you were vaccinated outside the US) 
  • If your immunization records are in a language other than English, they must be translated to English. A copy of the original must be submitted with the translated version. 

You can also check the Massachusetts Immunization Registry.

In order to access the Massachusetts Immunization Registry, you will need to enter basic information and create a PIN. Within a few minutes, you will receive a text and if a match is found, you will get a link to access to your vaccination records. Once you open the link, scroll down on the page to a blue box that says, "Download Immunization Record (PDF)." This is what you will need to provide.   

If you can prove that you had the required vaccines, you do not need to get them again. If you cannot prove that you had them, but you know you did, your doctor can do blood tests (titer) to prove immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and Hepatitis B, and these will satisfy the requirements (with provided lab results). If you are missing a vaccine, your healthcare provider can discuss how you can get up-to-date with the state requirements. If you do not have a healthcare provider, check with CVS Minute Clinics or Free Clinics. Some pharmacies offer vaccines (call to verify insurance and supply).   

If you do not have health insurance, try one of the free clinics in the Worcester area to find one near you and call to see if the services they offer meet your health needs.  

For online only students, if you have no presence on campus whatsoever you do not need to provide your immunization records. If you are coming to campus for any reason, and you are full-time student under 30, you must provide your records.  

Optional Forms to Download 

Meningococcal Waiver - Regarding the meningococcal vaccine only, a non-healthcare student aged 21 or younger can sign a waiver indicating they reviewed the meningococcal information sheet and choose to waive receipt of meningococcal vaccine. The waiver must be signed, dated, and uploaded to Castle Branch. 

General Immunization Exemption Form - Medical and religious exemptions are allowed by the state regulations and must be renewed annually. They are specialized and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis for non-healthcare students.  

Healthcare students must email healthcompliance [at] to discuss eligibility and process for exemptions. Healthcare students cannot use the above forms to request vaccine exemptions.