Search form

You are here

Registrar FAQs

How do I have my transcript sent?

QCC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

  • To order an official transcript(s), please visit the Official Transcript Request Website.
  • The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
  • Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.

How do I register?

New students and students whose academic advisor is an advisor in the Advising Center, after completing the Assessment requirement, meet with an academic advisor in the Advising Center (Located in the Welcome Center in the HLC). 

Students who have an assigned academic advisor must meet with their assigned advisor and complete the Registration Form, if it is during the Fall or Spring semester when classes are in session. If it is after the last day of classes in a Fall or Spring semester or during Summer Session or Winter Break students with an assigned advisor may meet with an advisor in the Advising Center.   

How do I take a course at another college through the Consortium Cross Registration Program?

The Consortium Cross Registration is available to all FULL TIME DAY DIVISION students. Students can register for one day course per term at another college within the consortium. When you register for your courses ask for the information and form in the Registrar’s Office, room 152 in the Administration Building. 

What are Course Prerequisites?

A course prerequisite is a requirement the student must complete before beginning a course. Course prerequisites may be waived by assessment test results, or the instructor or an academic administrator. You will be dropped from a course if you have not met the required prerequisite. If you have successfully completed a prerequisite course at another college proof of such is required at time of registration. 

What is the Final Exam Period?

The final exam period is the final week of classes when day classes are assigned a two-hour block of time. Day classes are assigned a different meeting time during the final exam period. The Final Exam Period is published in the Course Schedule Booklet each term and it is posted in the Registrar’s Office. This period of time may be used for final exams, classroom instruction, or other types of evaluation as the instructor may choose. 

How do I withdraw from a course?

A student intending to withdraw from a course after the Add/Drop Period must do so prior to the last day of the term as follows:

  1. Obtain a Withdrawal Form online from The Q, from the Registrar’s Office (Room 152, Administration Building) or the Advising Center (Welcome Center in the Harrington Learning Center).
  2. If a student wishes to withdraw prior to the 10th week (or equivalent) of class, he or she may complete the form, obtain a signature of the instructor or Academic Advisor and return to the Registrar’s Office
  3. After the 10th week (or equivalent), the student must obtain the instructor’s signature. The instructor will designate if the student withdrew while passing or withdrew while failing and return the completed Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office.

NOTE: Students should refer to the College Calendar posted on The Q for the date of the last day to withdraw without academic penalty.

How do I withdraw from the College?

To officially withdraw from the College, the student must meet with an Academic Advisor in the Advising Center. The Academic Advisor will assist the student in completing a withdrawal form and discuss possible resources and referrals if appropriate. If the student withdraws after the 10th week (or equivalent) and before the final evaluation period, he or she will receive grades from his or her instructors in accordance with the College’s grading policy.