Search form

You are here

Super Saturday Was a Smashing Success

September 2023
  • The winners of the Super Saturday raffle (from left) Thomas Vincent and Emma Trudeau
    The winners of the Super Saturday raffle (from left) Thomas Vincent and Emma Trudeau

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the most recent Super Saturday event held on August 26. The event drew over 200 people and half of those in attendance were enrolled in courses for the fall semester. QCC recognizes that many members of the community who want to pursue higher education have work schedules or family responsibilities that make it challenging to visit campus on a weekday, which is the motivation for these Super Saturday events. 

During this recent Super Saturday, students were able to apply for admission and financial aid, register for classes, tour the campus as well as meet and greet members of the college community. Information sessions were also offered so that students and potential students could learn about the new MassReconnect program, which offers free tuition, fees and books to eligible Massachusetts residents aged 25 and older who have never received an associate or bachelor’s degree.

Two lucky students also left with more than a class schedule when they won the raffle for WooSox tickets. 

One of those winners was Thomas Vincent, a new student to QCC. 

"For someone my age, having never been to college, I was very nervous and overwhelmed with everything I saw, but I was immediately made to feel welcome. Everyone I have met at QCC has been very helpful, kind, accommodating, pleasant to be around and has gone out of their way to make me feel welcome. I am looking forward to my time here at QCC," he said.

Thomas will be starting in the accounting certificate program this fall.

Spectrum News 1 even got in on the Saturday spectacular, covering it for their nightly newscast. 

Share