To graduate as a Commonwealth Honors Scholar from Quinsigamond Community College, students need a minimum of:
- A 3.3 GPA;
- Three honors courses with a grade of B or better. The Program provides students an opportunity to substitute one honors class with independent research or an honors contract in a non-honors class of the student’s choosing;
- IDS 200: Honors Colloquium, an interdisciplinary team-taught capstone course.
To be admitted to Quinsigamond Community College’s Commonwealth Honors Program, a student must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Current QCC Students: 3.5 cumulative GPA with college level credits(progress or final grades)
- New QCC Students: CPT Placement Test: an 8 on the writing exam, placement into ENG 101, and a recommended placement of MAT 099 or higher.
- Transfer Students: in good standing from another Commonwealth Honors Program.
A student who does not meet one of the above automatic admissions criteria may apply to the Honors Coordinator, providing other evidence of academic success including recommendations from high school or college faculty.
All potential Honors Program students must meet with the Honors Program Coordinator.
To remain in good standing, and for QCC’s Honors Program to be recognized as a Commonwealth Honors Program, all students, once accepted into the Honors Program, must maintain a cumulative grade point average of no less than 3.3.