Search form

You are here

MACC Employee FAQ

Massachusetts Community College Vaccine Requirement - Employee FAQ 

Do I have to be vaccinated if I am employed by Quinsigamond Community College?

Yes. All full and part-time employees including faculty and staff, contract and/or hourly employees, interns, and volunteers regardless of whether work assignments are online or in-person as well as to those consultants, vendors or business/governmental invitees that have a regular presence on campus and/or routinely interact with students and/or employees, as determined by the College, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit written proof of an official record of full vaccination status.

Certain other individuals, including consultants, vendors, and other business/governmental invitees may be required to be vaccinated. Please view the full employee vaccination policy for detail.

What’s the deadline for providing proof of my vaccination status?

All employees must submit written proof of an official record of full vaccination status.

How do I provide my written proof of an official record of full vaccination?

You must upload your vaccination record information at Medicat. The process is easy and can be accessed by your computer or mobile device through HealthySafeCampus.

Please note that the attestation of vaccination status will not be accepted as written proof of an official record of full vaccination status.

If I received an exemption and/or reasonable accommodation related to certain COVID-19 vaccination requirements last semester (e.g., clinical sites) do I now need to request a reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Employee Vaccination Policy?

Yes, any vaccine requirements and or exclusions must be requested again.

Will my vaccination record be treated confidentially?

Vaccination records will be treated in the same confidential manner as other employee records and will be stored with the employee’s medical records.

What alternatives are available to me if I am unvaccinated?

Employees who are unable to be vaccinated, may request a reasonable accommodation where the College will engage in an interactive process to determine if eligible for a reasonable accommodation, and if so, whether the requested accommodation is reasonable and does not create an undue hardship to the College or direct threat to the health or safety of others in the learning and working environment, if applicable.

In the event a reasonable accommodation is approved, employees may be subject to additional health and safety protocols and/or be excluded from campus and/or college activities including but not limited to travel for the protection of health or safety, as determined by the College in consideration of local, state, and/or or federal laws and public health guidance and/or mandates.

If I am unable to be fully vaccinated, how do I apply for a reasonable accommodation?

Requests for reasonable accommodation, including requests for a medical or religious exemption, will be considered consistent with applicable laws, legal guidance, and College policy.

Reasonable accommodation requests should be submitted to Medicat. Search for the accommodation form by clicking on the "Forms" tab, then clicking on "Employee Accommodation Form for COVID-19.”  Print out the form, complete and sign it, and then upload the form into Medicat by clicking on the "Upload" tab at the top of the screen.  Select "COVID Accommodation Form" and upload. The accommodation form must be fully completed, in order to be reviewed. Forms that are missing information will not be reviewed.  Each request will be dealt with on an individual basis, through an interactive discussion.

Please Note: the individualized interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations is estimated to take a minimum of ten (10) business days following the receipt of satisfactory documentation supporting the employee’s eligibility for reasonable accommodation. If you are seeking a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request and necessary documentation as soon as possible and without delay.

If I fail to provide proof that I have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, what will happen?

Employees who fail to submit verification of full vaccination are not permitted to work either on campus or through telework or to be on campus for any purpose absent an approved reasonable accommodation.

As applicable, employees will be placed on leave without pay for no more than 14 calendar days pending submission of the required verification or receipt and approval of an appropriately documented reasonable accommodation.

If an employee has a reasonable accommodation request pending and/or has received an initial or subsequent dose of a vaccine but has not yet reached full vaccination status, the College will allow employees to use any accrued personal, vacation and/or compensatory time for the above period. Further, a College may extend the above period to enable an employee to reach full vaccination status if the employee has satisfactorily demonstrated that they have started the vaccination process.

Continued failure to submit required vaccination verification, absent an approved reasonable accommodation, shall be cause for discipline up to and including termination consistent with applicable collective bargaining agreements and/or employee handbook.

If I am not vaccinated and my employment is terminated, am I eligible to collect unemployment benefits?

The Commonwealth’s Division of Unemployment Assistance (DUA), not the College, makes determinations regarding unemployment benefits.  According to DUA’s website, such determinations are made on a case-by-case basis but that employees should not expect to be able to collect unemployment if they are terminated for refusing the vaccine.

What is the definition of “fully vaccinated”?

The community colleges are following the CDC’s definition of full vaccination status, which currently provides that “[i]n general, people are considered fully vaccinated:

  • 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.”

If the CDC changes their definition at any time, the revised definition will be applicable.

Employees should take immediate steps to schedule their vaccinations if they have not already done so and pay close attention to the type of vaccine that they receive and its timing schedule to ensure they are fully vaccinated by the deadline.

If I already had COVID, do I need to be vaccinated?

Yes. According to the CDC, you are not considered fully vaccinated if you have had COVID but have not been vaccinated. 

How do I get vaccinated?

Visit HealthySafeCampus for information and vaccination locations.

Additional resources for accessing a COVID-19 vaccine include:

Faculty & Staff General FAQs

  • All campus buildings will be open, resuming normal business hours.
  • Employees will no longer be required to notify Campus Police or Facilities prior to being on-site.
  • The self-checker should be completed daily before coming to campus.
  • Masks optional on campus while indoors and everyone must be fully vaccinated to be physically on-campus, unless they have an approved accommodation.
  • When parking on campus, current parking decals must visible on your windshield. To request a decal, complete the parking decal registration form

Changes will occur as QCC monitors guidance from authoritative sources (such as the CDC) as they are modified.

  • We are working to have vaccination clinics on campus 
  • Information will be shared as it becomes available.
  • Vaccinations are available at most retail pharmacies throughout the state at no cost to patients.

QCC currently offers on-site, symptom free and symptomatic  COVID-19 Testing. QCC COVID-19 PCR Testing is FREE!  Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome.

QCC Main Campus - 670 West Boylston Street, Athletic Center

More Testing Locations

  • Upgraded air conditioning and air handling/ventilation equipment with the highest level of filtration available as applicable, following CDC guidelines
  • Facilities continues to clean all offices and college spaces throughout the day and night
  • Installed additional hand sanitization stations in all offices and bathrooms, as well as throughout the main campus and all QCC locations
  • Updated signage reminding people to maintain good hygiene and wear face coverings as needed are posted throughout all QCC locations
  • Face coverings are optional on all QCC campuses will be available to all employees, students, and visitors who are in need of a face covering. 
    • Contact Campus Police dispatch at 508.854.4221 for assistance.
    • Face Coverings are available between 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday 

Anyone who does not feel well should stay home and contact their supervisor for guidance. Reach out to your supervisor and if necessary, speak with HR if you need accommodations.

We understand that just as there was concern regarding the COVID-19 virus, there may be concern returning to in-person service and teaching. Our Employee Assistance Program provides videos and additional information to support your return to campus.


Employees or students who present flu-like symptoms when they arrive at school or become sick during the day should be sent home. Employees and students who develop flu-like symptoms outside of school should notify their supervisor or professor (if needed) and stay home. If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is, you should complete a health and safety intake form.

Let your supervisor know of your concerns so they may work with you on finding a solution.

We understand that coming back to in-person learning can be stressful. Videos and seminars will be posted to our Web site as it becomes available

Students may reach out to QCC’s Counseling and Wellness Office for additional assistance.