QCC’s Mentoring Program Begins Its Fourth Year

February 2022
  • QCC Mentoring Student Outreach Specialist Jennifer Bemis.
    QCC Mentoring Student Outreach Specialist Jennifer Bemis was a former mentee of the program.

As the Spring 2022 Semester gets underway, QCC offers a variety of support programs that are changing the lives of students. One such program is the QCC Mentoring Program, now entering its fourth year. This valued program supports close to 150 students annually and has provided life-changing support for mentees and mentors alike.

QCC Mentoring Student Outreach Specialist Jennifer Bemis knows the value of the program.

“As a previous student and member of a mentoring program at QCC, I cannot speak more highly of this truly rewarding experience that helped me in so many ways! By connecting with others and feeling like a part of the college community, I gained confidence and a better understanding of what I wanted to do with my future,” Ms. Bemis said.

QCC Mentoring provides students with one-to-one mentoring relationships with faculty and staff at QCC, as well as QCC alumni and community members throughout central Massachusetts. Mentors and mentees meet once per month for under an hour and mentees have access to numerous events and resources on campus. Mentees can choose their own mentors and meetings can take place in person or online.

President Luis G. Pedraja, Ph.D. also can speak to the benefits of having a mentor.  

“I have personally benefitted from having mentors support me throughout my life and career and appreciate the relationships, advice and guidance they have given me,” President Pedraja said, adding that he has been a mentor to several QCC students. “I look forward to mentoring more.”  

The program provides extensive benefits to students, as well as professional development and networking opportunities for mentors, making it a win-win for all who participate.

To learn how to become a mentor or mentee visit QCC Mentoring.