PTK Honor Society January Gallery

January 2022
  • From left: PTK Treasurer Lucas Sicard and PTK Vice President Brittney Pettiford
    From left: PTK Treasurer Lucas Sicard and PTK Vice President Brittney Pettiford

Happy New Year and Welcome Back from the Phi Theta Kappa Office!

The PTK staff hopes everyone had a wonderful holiday season and was able to relax, unwind, and prepare for the Spring semester. Last semester, throughout the holiday season, PTK students were extremely busy with a number of fundraising events and raffles. PTK students voted to hold a poinsettia sale, which flooded the officer room with beautiful poinsettias that took over the tables, chairs, and floors! By the time the sale was over, only 13 plants went unsold by the students. PTK also held a wreath-making workshop on December 9, 2021, where 54 attendees joined Tina from Bemis Farm, to create their own wreath from start to finish. The event was extremely successful and the advisors have received some great feedback to incorporate into future events. So, keep a close eye on your emails this year because Bemis Farms will be back!

"As we head into the new Spring Semester, new officer elections will be held in March, with the PTK annual Induction Ceremony in April. The PTK office is gearing up for another busy, fun, and eventful spring 2022, and we cannot wait to see what the Spring 2022 semester holds for the new members of PTK, along with all of the current members who continue to excel academically while working hard to serve their community," said Fundraising & Events Specialist and former PTK alumna, Ashlee Forhan. 

Getting to Know the Current PTK Officers 

Vice President

“My name is Brittney Alazay Victoria Inez Richards Pettiford and I am the Vice President of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), Alpha Zeta Theta (AZT) Chapter.

For those of you whom I haven't met, I want you to know that I love Quinsigamond Community College. QCC has always felt like home to me. When I was younger my mother attended QCC. Though I wasn't a student here, I always felt like one. I would grab my little notepad and take notes at meetings and tag along to events. It was always a pleasure to be a part of the campus community.

My mother was an extremely active member of Phi Beta, ALANA, Trio and an inspiring writer for the Open Door Newspaper. Now, years later, I am following in my mother’s footsteps to further my education in Nursing, and like mother like daughter, striving for excellence. I don’t want to just succeed academically at QCC, I want to be involved just as my mother was, and what a more perfect way than PTK.

A couple of months ago I received an invitation to PTK. Having little to no knowledge of the program, I reached out for more information. I learned about the culture of the people, the endless opportunities and the lifelong friendships to come. I can honestly say that it has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life. DO NOT be intimidated by the Greek letters, because that fear will prevent you from limitless scholarship opportunities, unimaginable success and the ability to be a strong leader. I want whoever is reading this to know that you can do anything you put your mind to! PTK has given me the tools to make that possible."

Treasurer

“My name is Lucas Sicard and I am the Treasurer of the PTK ATZ chapter here at Quinsigamond. I am usually working on the monetary side of things for our fundraisers, and generally managing our chapter's finances. I joined PTK because I heard of the wonderful opportunities for scholarships that are offered to finish my bachelor's degree.

On top of that, once I joined I actually got to see the fundraisers we hold, the community service we do and the general fun and helping out of the community and each other. That made me feel more willing to fill an officer position, which is what caused me to become the Treasurer. I really hope that if you are considering joining PTK that you do so because it will help you for your future educational plans and be with you for even more than just simply a bachelor's degree. Also, feel free to stop by the office and say ‘hi’ because I am more than happy to talk to and meet new people, especially those who want to know more about us!”

randomness