Search form

You are here

QCC Alum Has Long Career Thanks to QCC

November, 2020
  • QCC Alumnus David Morrow (L) and students in QCC's construction safety course. Photo was taken prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    QCC Alumnus David Morrow (L) and students in QCC's construction safety course. Photo was taken prior to the pandemic.Photo was taken prior to the pandemic. Photo was taken prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

QCC Alumnus David Morrow was named the vice president of New York operations, for Callahan Construction Managers (Callahan), a full-service construction management company. In his new role, Mr. Morrow will lead Callahan’s developing tri-state market presence and will be responsible for working with new and existing clients in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut and managing Callahan’s resources to develop projects from early phases of project development through preconstruction.

Mr. Morrow said he began his career in the construction field thanks to the educational foundation he received at QCC, where he took classes from 1979-1981.

“I’ve spent 40 years in the construction industry, and owe my long career to QCC. I knew I wanted to go to college for a successful career, but attending a large, prominent engineering school was out of reach financially for my family.  QCC provided the foundation for my career, as I spent two years there within the basic engineering program. This training was the stepping stone to a transfer of credits from QCC to CNECT – encouraged through the Worcester College Consortium – which led to my attainment of a BS in Civil Engineering,” Mr. Morrow said.

“QCC gave me the opportunity to pursue a STEM-based career, and the experience garnered there, along with co-ops throughout college, allowed me to enter the workforce immediately after graduation, and grow my career to present-day, where I’m a Vice President, Project Executive, and Regional Manager in New York for a highly-regarded construction management firm.”

Share