QCC Grad Lisa DeWitt Named Site Director of Summit ElderCare Charlton

August 2017

Great careers really do start at QCC! Taking cues from the nursing faculty at Quinsigamond Community College, Dudley resident and QCC graduate Lisa DeWitt took all she learned about being a nurse at QCC and ran with it.  

Ms. DeWitt was recently named Site Director of Fallon Health’s Summit ElderCare location in Charlton.

Ms. DeWitt, who was an LPN before pursuing an RN associate degree at QCC, said the college provided her with a fast track from LPN to RN, allowing her to apply credits from her previous nursing education. She credits QCC for giving her the support she needed in order to advance her nursing career.

Lisa DeWitt

“The education I received at QCC provided a solid foundation for nursing, which enabled me to graduate and be hired as a nursing supervisor when I became an RN,” Ms. DeWitt said. “As a nursing student (at QCC), I really got to know the staff and students. The staff was so invested in the student nurses’ success in the program, providing additional support outside of clinical or the classroom. You could tell they enjoyed teaching and being a nurse — a great example for the future nurses to come. It made you want to work harder and strive for your goal of being a nurse.”

In her role as Site Director, Ms. DeWitt will oversee the daily operations of Fallon’s Summit ElderCare program—a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)— while interacting with participants and caregivers.  Ms. DeWitt will lead an interdisciplinary team that includes a range of professionals who specialize in geriatric care, including primary care physicians, nurses, nutritionists, transportation coordinators, home care coordinators, social workers, and rehabilitation therapists, ensuring that each participant’s personalized care plan allows him or her to live as independently as possible. Prior to her role as Site Director, Ms. DeWitt served as Clinical Nurse Manager and Homecare Nurse Manager at Summit ElderCare.   

DeWitt received an associate degree in nursing from QCC, a bachelor of science degree from Worcester State College and a certificate in legal nurse consulting from Bay Path Community College.   

“I picked a very tough program at QCC, and I can say with confidence I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for my education at QCC. I am thankful for my education and proud I am a graduate of QCC.”

randomness