Brothers & Keepers Program Announces New AmeriCorps VISTA Worker

September 2016

Geovanni Cruz is a 2015 graduate of QCC. At QCC, he earned an Associate Degree in Human Services. During his time here, he was the President of the Student Senate, student speaker for graduation, served on the QCC Activities Committee, worked in both the offices of Student Life and Admissions, and a participant in the Brothers & Keepers Program. He is currently working on a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Urban Studies with a focus on Social Work at Worcester State University. 

Geovanni CruzThis VISTA Worker position is designed to help ensure the continued retention and persistence of male students in the Brothers & Keepers program at QCC. It will help to build program capacity by establishing an effective partnership with two local high schools (Claremont Academy and North High School) and will form a recruitment system for the mentoring program. 

“My career goal is to work in the Office of Student Life at a college and help create future leaders. I know by working for the Brothers and Keepers Program, I can begin to help guide students to become leaders. I am very excited to be joining AmeriCorps and Quinsigamond Community College as the VISTA for this program,” says Cruz. 

randomness