Search form

You are here

Early Childhood Education FAQs

Q: How long will this program take?

A: A student may complete the Associate degree programs in as short a time as four or five semesters or as long a time as it takes doing one course a semester.  Many of our students go part time and take their time doing the work as well.

Q When are the courses offered?

A:  Courses for all of our programs are offered during the day, in the evening, on the weekends.

Q:  May I receive a degree through the evening division?

A:  Yes, if you are working in the field in a DEEC licensed program for a minimum of 1 year with infants, toddlers, or preschoolers, you may be eligible to complete your entire program in the evening and use your worksite for your student teaching experience.

Q: Can I do this program on-line?

A:  You can do many of the General Education requirements and limited Early Childhood courses on line.  Most departmental courses are offered on ground to assure the classroom discussion is rich for learning and sharing.

Q:  When does this program start?

A: A student may start the program any time of year.  The Capstone courses, which are part of clusters C & D must begin in the fall for part one and continue into the spring for part two.

Q: Is this program Accredited?

A:  Yes, Quinsigamond’s  Early Childhood Program received its accreditation in July of 2008 for six years without conditions from NAEYC’s Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation.

Q:  How do I get into this program?

A: Students must apply for admission to the college and specify their chosen major.  A high school transcript is required by the Admissions department.  Students must take the CPT, College Placement test in both English and math before enrolling for courses..

Q:  How much do courses cost?

A:  You can contact the Admissions office at 508-854-4262 the Registrar’s Office at 508-854-4257 or Financial Aid at 508-854-4261 for answers to financial questions.

Q:  May I receive prior learning experience credit for working in the field for several years?

A:   Credit can be earned through a portfolio system for prior learning.  To learn more about this option you can contact Career Placement Services at 508-854-4439.