What are the TEAS and HOBET tests?
The TEAS and HOBET tests are four part, web-based, supervised assessments that includes subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage. The tests were developed to predict the academic readiness of applicants prior to admission into a health care program.
The test consists of 4 sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English/Language Usage.
Why do I need to take the TEAS Test?
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC) has made the TEAS/HOBET test a requirement for admission to the health care programs. QCC has set the following standards on TEAS/HOBET scores for admission to improve the success of students in completing the program and obtaining licensure and certification.
Test expiration information
Applicants to those Healthcare programs requiring the TEAS/HOBET must achieve the required scores within two attempts of taking the TEAS/HOBET test AND within 5 years of application to a Healthcare program.
|Dental Assisting||HOBET V||45%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Dental Hygiene||HOBET V||52%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Nurse Education||TEAS V||n/a||54%||40%||53%||53%|
|Practical Nursing||TEAS V||47%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Occupational Therapy||HOBET V||52%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Radiologic Technology||HOBET V||52%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Respiratory Care||HOBET V||52%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Surgical Technology||HOBET V||45%||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Quinsigamond Community College recommends that applicants complete program pre-requisite courses before taking the TEAS/HOBET Test to enhance their knowledge base. Begin Registration for Pre-Requisite Courses
For additional registration information, please call 508.751.7900 or email: TEAS [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu
The Math subtest covers whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages and ratio/proportion.
The Reading portion covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
The English subtest measures knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
The Science portion of the exam covers science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, human body science, basic physical principles, and general science.
- A Study Guide is available for both the TEAS V and HOBET V in the QCC Bookstore.
- Review classes are offered each semester for the separate sections of the test.
ATI provides an online practice test and a study manual for students for a fee. You may access this information at http://ATItesting.com
On the Day of the Test
- Students must bring a valid picture ID to be admitted into the testing site. Students will not be allowed to take the test without photo identification.
- Please arrive at testing site 15 minutes before the starting time. Late applicants will not be permitted to enter once the test has started.
- Students will receive their test results before leaving the testing site. Test results can only be interpreting in consultation with your advisors. TEAS proctors cannot interpret your test results.
- Calculators are not permitted at the testing site or during the test.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Cell phones, iPods, pagers, other electronic devices, books, notes or study guides are prohibited from use during the test session. Any test taker found using any of the above during the test session will be asked to leave the testing site immediately.
- Test dates/times are subject to change.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Seats are limited.
The registration fee is non-refundable. Applicants who cancel or fail to show up on the date of the test will be required to complete another registration form and pay the full registration fee when rescheduling. The TEAS Test may be repeated after 45 days. The applicant is required to complete a registration form and pay the full fee.
For information regarding the Admissions process, call the Admissions Office at 508.854.4262 or the Advising Center at 508.854.4308
Testing sites will vary but the majority of the TEAS/HOBET tests are scheduled at QCC’s Training & Education Center:
751 Grove Street
Worcester MA, 01605
(Please note this is NOT QCC’s main campus location)