As a member of the Massachusetts Public Higher Education System, Quinsigamond Community College maintains strong ties with all of Massachusetts' public four-year colleges and universities, and offers the MassTransfer program to support students as they continue their higher education goals.
MassTransfer is a state-wide network of agreements between the Massachusetts Community Colleges, Massachusetts State Universities, and University of Massachusetts campuses.
MassTransfer has two main purposes:
- To provide community college students who complete designated associate degrees with the benefits of the full transfer and applicability of credit, guaranteed admission, and a tuition discount (each benefit based on the student’s final grade point average) to linked baccalaureate programs.
- To provide any student in the Massachusetts public higher education system the intermediate goal of completing a portable transfer block (“MassTransfer Block”) which satisfies general education/distribution/core requirements across institutions (with the receiving institution able to add no more than six additional credits/two courses).
QCC students graduating from approved associates degrees may be eligible for a number of benefits including
- use of free MassTransfer application form
- guarantee of admission
- guaranteed transfer of college-level credits
- waiver of general education requirements/junior-level standing (1-2 courses may still be required)
- 100% tuition discount
See Transfer Agreements for a full list of agreements.