Partnering for Affordable Business & Leadership Education
The ABLE Initiative is an agreement between QCC and Nichols College. It streamlines and maximizes the transfer credit process. As a transfer student, you will have the benefit of knowing that your credits at the community college level will be accepted by Nichols* and that you will be guaranteed admission if you meet the minimum GPA requirement.
QCC associate graduates are eligible for the following:
- Special pricing rates
- Flexible course options so you can learn when and how you want
- No application fee
- Automatically accepted if overall cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher
Steps to follow at Nichols:
- Complete a free online Nichols College application
- Mail in your official high school transcript with the date of graduation
- Mail in your QCC official college transcript. Please note that your QCC transcript must state you were awarded your associate’s degree
- Mail in all other official college transcripts (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to sign-up before earning a particular number of credits?
You do not have to sign up before earning a certain amount of credits. The earlier you show interest, the better, so you take the appropriate courses.
When do I apply to Nichols College?
Apply right before you complete your associate’s degree, but wait to send your final official QCC transcript until you complete the degree.
Do I need to meet with a Nichols College Counselor every term before I transfer?
You should reach out to the Nichols College Transfer Counselor when you decide you want to do the program. You don’t have to meet with the transfer counselor in person, but you should email the counselor to ensure you are taking the correct courses.
* If you earn an associate’s degree in any of the below concentrations, all credits within your
specific program are guaranteed to transfer over to Nichols College. Exclusions may apply.
Business Administration Career Degree to the BSBA with Accounting Concentration
Business Administration Transfer Degree to the BSBA with Accounting Concentration
Criminal Justice Degree to the BSBA with Criminal Justice Management Concentration
Hospitality Degree to the BSBA with Hospitality Management Concentration
Business Administration Transfer Degree to the BSBA with General Business Concentration
Business Administration Transfer Degree to the other BSBA concentrations