Accuplacer testing is provided to students who are interested in attending QCC.
All new and currently enrolled students are required to take the Accuplacer Placement Test before registering for English and mathematics courses and courses requiring a prerequisite of English or math.
The Accuplacer Placement Test is a computerized test that helps determine the appropriate level at which students should begin their mathematics and English courses. The test is not timed, and the majority of the questions are multiple-choice. Students can choose to take the entire test (English and mathematics) during one testing period, or take the English and mathematics tests at different times. The entire test takes approximately two and a half hours. An Academic Advisor will use the results to help students select the appropriate courses during registration.
CELSA: Students for whom English is a Second Language (ESL) may also take a computerized assessment test. The CELSA test requires a student to complete a story or conversation by choosing the correct answer. It is a timed test of 45 minutes.
Prepare for your test
You should be prepared for Accuplacer testing. This test will determine which classes you will take, so you want to do your best.
Also, please note the following rules and requirements:
- You must have a current photo ID when you come to test. If you are under 18, you will also need a parent or guardian with you at check-in.
- If you are not in our system, we will need to create a record for you.
- If you need accommodations for testing, please contact our Disabilities Services Office at 508.854.4471 BEFORE making an appointment for testing.
Schedule an Accuplacer or CELSA test at one of our three locations:
- 670 West Boylston St., room 376A, Worcester (View Calendar to make appointment)
- 25 Federal St., room 114D, Worcester (View Calendar here)
- 5 Optical Dr., room 102, Southbridge (View calendar here)
Test Score Request Form
If you need your scores sent to another school, download the Request Form. Please make sure to fill it out completely and to sign it. Return as indicated at the bottom of the form.