The following criteria must be met to receive Quinsigamond Community College course credit for completion of the high school portion of a Tech Prep Program.
The student will have:
- Graduated from high school and received a Tech Prep certificate of completion and/or a transcript designation.
- Completed high school tech prep courses listed under the articulation agreement in which the student earned a grade of B (80 percent or better).
- Minimum overall high school GPA of 2.0 ("C") on a 4.0 scale.
- Accepted in a degree or certificate program at Quinsigamond Community College within thirty-six (36) months of high school graduation. Special cases may be reviewed.
- Met all Quinsigamond Community College admissions requirements and officially enrolled.
- (Optional) Met with the Quinsigamond Community College Tech Prep coordinator for review and approval of the transcript and Tech Prep Articulation.
Upon high school graduation: The high school tech prep coordinator or guidance counselor must verify the courses completed by the student and list them on the Tech Prep Certificate. A copy of this certificate should be sent to the QCC Tech Prep Coordinator — if the student will be attending college.
The Request For Awarding Course Equivalency form will be completed with the necessary signatures and forwarded to the QCC Tech Prep Pathways Coordinator for completion. This form can be downloaded on the forms page.
The request will then be screened during the verification and authorization process by the QCC Tech Prep Coordinator.
Approved requests will be sent to the Registrar's office for processing.
No fees for credit will be charged to the student as a result of this course equivalency awarding
To learn more, contact your high school guidance counselor or call Marci Skillings, QCC Tech Prep Coordinator at (508) 854-2755.