1. Find out who your assigned advisor is and set up an appointment, or find out if you are qualified to self-register for classes online. If you have 30 or more credits (not including 0 level or developmental level courses), advisors can meet with you anytime during the semester and clear you to self-register for courses online. This allows you to register for courses on the first day of the registration period. Remember you must meet with your advisor first to discuss your degree audit, so you will know exactly which courses to register for.
Students may be assigned to a faculty advisor, the Health Careers Advising Center, or the Advising Center.
If you are not sure who your Advisor is contact the Advising Center at 508.854.4308 or stop by room 61A in the Administration Building. You can also contact the Registrar's Office at 508.854.4257 or stop by room 152A in the Administration Building.
2. Before meeting with your advisor, use the student portal to do a degree audit. This will help you determine which classes you need to take for your chosen program of study.
3. Look at the course schedule before meeting with an advisor so you know which classes are being offered and when.
It's important to be as flexible as you can with your course time requirements, as not all sections of a class may be open. Plan out your schedule with first and second choices for course times.
4. If the Advising Center is your assigned advisor, you can make an appointment online, or by visiting room the Advising Center in 61A in the Administration Building or calling 508.854.4308.
5. If the Health Careers Center is your assigned Advisor, you can make an appointment by calling the Health Careers Center at 508.854.2718 or visiting room 160A in the Administration Building.
If you have a faculty advisor, please contact him/her for an appointment.
If you are unsure of how to reach your faculty advisor contact the Advising Center at 508.854.4308 or stop by the Advising Center, located in Room 61A of the Administration Building (ground level). You can also contact the Registrar's Office at 508.854.4257 or stop by Room 152A.