50th Anniversary

Southbridge FAQs

Programs Offered at QCC Southbridge

What programs are you offering?

Visit our course catalog to see the wide variety of courses being offered in QCC Southbridge. QCC offers over 90 degree and certificate programs.

How To Apply & Register for Classes

If I want to be in a degree or certificate program, either in Southbridge or at the main campus, how do I apply?

You can find the application online at www.QCC.edu or call 774.318.2110.

You may also go to 5 Optical Drive Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to meet with admissions and financial aid counselors.

When does school start this year?

Fall 2012 credit classes start Tuesday, September 4.

Our Training and Education Center offerings start at various times.

How do I register for courses?

For credit courses:

If you have not attended QCC before you will need to take a Placement Test. Make an appointment to take the English and Math college placement test by calling 774.318.2110.

Walk in hours are also available at the following times:

  • Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. - noon.
  • Wednesday, 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

    Please note that these hours are subject to change.

 If you plan to take both the English and math tests, please allow for two or two-and-a-half hours. You can take either both tests at one time, or one at a time.

After you complete the Placement Test, your next step is to meet with an Academic Advisor to register for classes. You can make that appointment after you take the Placement Test. Advising appointments may also be scheduled by calling 774.318.2110.

For non-credit courses through TEC:

If you would like to register for one of our Training and Education Center courses, please call our Training and Education at 508.854.4435.

How can I prepare for the Placement Test?

We have an online study guide available at http://www.aims.edu/student/assessment/studyguides/index.htm.

What if I have taken college courses? (Only for credit courses)

Just bring your transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions you have attended. An advisor will review your coursework and determine course options. To schedule an appointment with an advisor, please call 774.318.2110.

Do I need to take a Placement Test to register for credit courses?

Yes, if you plan to register for an English or a mathematics course that requires English or math as a pre-requisite.

No, if you can demonstrate successful completion of college-level English and math coursework at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.

How and where do I pay?

For credit courses, you can pay online with a credit/debit card or check. You can also pay by phone with a credit card. Or you can mail a check or money order to our main campus: Business Office, 670 West Boylston St. Worcester, MA 01606.

For non-credit, pay by mail, phone, or fax. There is no online service available.

Where do I buy my books?

Books can be purchased in the Bookstore at the Administration Building on the ground floor at the main campus in Worcester.

Directions & Transportation

Where are you located?

Our new location is at 5 Optical Drive, which is just off of Mechanic St., where the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center is located.

How do I get to 5 Optical Drive?

Directions to 5 Optical Drive

Is public transportation available?

Unfortunately, public transportation is not available.

Where do I park?

There is plenty of parking in front of and around the building at 5 Optical Drive in Southbridge.

Is there a cafeteria?

Vending machines and a microwave oven are  available at 5 Optical Drive, and the Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center, located just across the parking area, has a small food kiosk offering “grab and go” service. There are also eating establishments close by.

Disability Services

Is there support for students with disabilities?

Yes, we have a Disability Services Office.You can get your specific questions answered by calling 774.318.2113. The TTY line is 508.854.4524

Financial Aid

Is financial aid available?

To be considered for financial aid you must be accepted to a degree or certificate program. You also must be a US citizen, permanent resident or refugee. We offer scholarships, grants, tuition waivers and student loans. To apply for financial aid go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.  QCC’s school code is 002175. There is a great deal of information about QCC financial aid.

There is no financial aid for Training and Education Center courses.

Can I get Veteran’s Benefits?

We have many veterans at QCC who receive benefits. If you have specific questions about your benefits, you should talk to the Registrar’s Office, 508.854.4257.

Costs & Fees

What is the cost of a course?

QCC is the most affordable higher education in Southern Worcester County. Tuition and Fee cost information for credit courses.

Is there a parking fee?

The fee is included in your bill.