The Associate of Liberal Arts in Psychology at QCC prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, at which they can continue their education in the field of psychology.
Most students attending full-time can complete this 62-credit coursework in 4 semesters (about two years). Transfer credits, credits for prior learning, and summer and winter semester coursework can shorten this timeline.
Courses are offered in-person and online, and students can choose to complete the program in any combination available to them, up to 80% online. A general timeline of coursework and milestones are available on the academic degrees page, under “Classes.”
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology
- Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis and interpretation
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes
- Understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues
- Weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a discipline
- Acquire, analyze, organize, and utilize data to determine appropriate solutions to myriad work/life/personal challenges
- Demonstrate comprehensive scientific, mathematical, and technological competencies
You can apply to this program at QCC, and view all steps of enrollment in the Admissions Department.
You can apply online, in person, or by mail.