The Associate of Liberal Arts in Psychology at QCC prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, at which they can continue their education in the field of psychology.
Most students attending full-time can complete this 62-credit coursework in 4 semesters (about two years). Transfer credits, credits for prior learning, and summer and winter semester coursework can shorten this timeline.
Courses are offered in-person and online, and students can choose to complete the program in any combination available to them, up to 80% online. A general timeline of coursework and milestones are available on the academic degrees page, under “Classes.”
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology
- Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis and interpretation
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and, when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes
- Understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues
- Weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a discipline
- Acquire, analyze, organize, and utilize data to determine appropriate solutions to myriad work/life/personal challenges
- Demonstrate comprehensive scientific, mathematical, and technological competencies
You can apply online, in person, or by mail.