Connecting privately owned technology to college owned computers
QCC Information Technologies Department does not have the resources to support privately owned equipment. In order to maintain clauses in the Information Systems Acceptable Use Policy regarding ”Installation of Authorized Hardware and Software”, faculty who choose to use privately owned technology in a “self-support” model agree to the following conditions:
- The College and the support staff bear no liability for the security and support equipment in the case of theft or damage.
- The faculty member will supply all the appropriate software and drivers required for the existing platform.
- The faculty member will make all physical connections for the device (i.e. cabling & power).
- The Information Technologies staff will add the faculty member as a local administrator for the desktop system.
- The Staff member will then add the technology using his or her own password.