To be accepted into the OTA Program an applicant must have:
- a high school diploma or GED.
- GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in high school or 3.0 in college with minimum of 10 credits or 550 Battery Average on GED.
The applicant must take:
- the college placement test to determine Math and English levels if no college level courses were previously completed
- the HOBET test. A 52% composite score is required. HOBET scores must be achieved within two attempts of taking the test.
The applicant must achieve:
- Math: minimum grade of B in MAT 098 or MAT 099 or place into MAT 100 level or above
- Biology: minimum grade of B in high school biology or B in BIO 101 (recommended) or other college biology class
- English: minimum grade of B in ENG 100 or place into ENG 101
Math and science courses must be taken within five years of application.
Required grade must be earned within two attempts of taking and completing the course.
Anatomy & Physiology I
English Composition & Literature I
Introduction to Occupational Therapy: Concepts& Interventions
Occupational Therapy: Methods &
Introduction to Psychology
Liberal Arts Elective
Anatomy & Physiology II
Group Process and Interventions
Developing Professional Behaviors
Concepts & Occupational Therapy Interventions with the Physically Challenged
A Survey of Life Span Development: Conception to Death
English Composition & Literature II
Occupational Therapy with the Older Adult
Concepts & Occupational Therapy Interventions in Mental Health
Developmental Problems & Practice with Children
Occupational Therapy Methods & Modalities II
Occupational Therapy Field Placement I
Occupational Therapy Field Placement II