Advanced placement for LPN's or paramedics graduating from QCC with an Associate in Science Degree in Paramedic Technology
Requirements for Admission
Admissions Process for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's) or Paramedics:
If you have successfully completed courses in nursing at another school of nursing, you may qualify for credits toward a degree at Quinsigamond Community College. Licensed Practical Nurses can apply for advanced standing and should contact the Health Career Center. Also, Associate in Science degree in Paramedic Technology from QCC graduates can also contact Health Career Center for consideration in this program.
LPN's from other programs or Paramedics who have received an Associate in Science Degree in Paramedic Technology from Quinsigamond Community College.
The candidate must fulfill the following:
- Be a graduate of an approved school of practical nursing.
- Licensed in the State of Massachusetts
- Satisfy admission requirements to the Associate Degree program.
- Successfully complete all co-requisites for Nursing I prior to entry or concurrently with the Nursing Transition Course.
- Successfully complete (with a grade of "C" (73) or better) a one-credit transition course.
Applicants should understand the State Board of Registration in Nursing reserves the right to refuse an applicant the privilege of sitting for the NCLEX-RN examination based on Good Moral Character Licensure requirement.
As a result of this requirement, a CORI (Criminal Offender Records Information) and a SORI (Sexual Offender Records Information) check is required of all students accepted into the program. Students should be aware that a court record might prevent them from sitting for the NCLEX-RN examination. Students should consult the CORI and SORI materials in the Quinsigamond Community College Student Handbook.