Each semester QCC offers a New Student Orientation to help students learn about the available support services in advising, tutoring and counseling. Each orientation will also have a variety of breakout sessions that address relevant information for new college students. Previous breakout sessions have included how to pay for college and transitioning from high school to college. Two New Student Orientations will be held at the main campus, as well as a New Student Orientation at QCC Southbridge.
A Student Services Fair will also take place at the end of each orientation and allows students a way to connect with departments and resources in order to help them succeed at QCC.
New students are encouraged to attend one of the orientations to learn about student life activities; meet college staff and students; receive some valuable tips to make life at QCC more enjoyable; and be entered into raffles for some great prizes.
New Orientation dates for Spring 2018 include:
- 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the Hebert Auditorium
- Breakout sessions will be from 5:50 p.m. - 6:25 p.m.
- Student Services Fair will be from 6:25 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the gym
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the Hebert Auditorium
- Breakout sessions will be from 12:50 p.m.-1:25 p.m.
- Student Services Fair will be from 1:25 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the gym
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at Southbridge
- Breakout sessions will be from 6:20 p.m. - 6:50 p.m.
Students can register for the New Student Orientations on the Student Life homepage