At the recently held All College Day, six Quinsigamond Community College faculty were recognized for their extraordinary work by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD). Established in 1991, the NISOD Excellence Awards provide member colleges with an opportunity to recognize individuals doing extraordinary work on their campuses.
The 2017 SISOD QCC winners include:
- Anne Shore – Coordinator of Disability Services
- Tami Strouth – Coordinator of Disability Services
- Derek Thomas – Director of Information Services
- Kimberly Thompson – Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Rafael Vicente – Professor of Mathematics
- Melissa Walls – Adjunct Faculty
In addition, five QCC staff members honored with a Commonwealth Citation for Outstanding Performance, were also recognized at the event. This performance recognition program gives formal acknowledgement to Commonwealth employees (in five categories) who make meaningful contributions, which distinguish them from their peers.These special awards focus attention on consistent, positive achievements by both individuals and teams of state employees, and recognize those who demonstrate: innovation and dedication to their work, concern for the public trust and a commitment to excellence.
The 2017 QCC award winners include:
- Louis Fontanez Jr. – Storekeeper IV
- Karen Grant – Director of Financial Aid
- Maryann Kania – Associate Professor of Business Administration, BSS Program
- Damian Kieran – Associate Professor of Manufacturing Technology
- Hao Loi –Professor of Computer Science/Coordinator of the Computer Science Program