Search form

You are here

Getting to know your QCC Colleagues

September 2017

John Solaperto

John A. Solaperto – Senior Technical Specialist

I’m a QCC alum. I’ve been a member of the full-time professional staff at the college for 20 years. Prior to that I worked as a part-time employee of the college and a work study student. I’ve also maintained a longterm relationship with the Vermont College of Fine Arts MFAV program, having attended the school’s winter and summer residencies since I completed studies there in January of 1995. I’m also a vocalist, performing Jazz, R&B and Soul music locally, as well as in Vermont and the Catskills on a regular basis.

Department: Institutional Communications

Office location: 320A

Contact information: jsolaperto [at] qcc.mass.edu Box 256 x7422

What is your role at QCC?  My role at the college is, and always has been, supporting student learning, retention and enrollment.

How long have you worked at QCC? I’ve been at QCC for 20 years.

What is your favorite movie? It’s hard to pick a favorite movie. If you pinned me down, at the moment, I’d have to say it’s a toss up between, “The Umbrellas of Cherbourg” & “Team America World Police.”

What is your favorite TV show? I haven’t watched regular TV shows in years. I’ve had HULU for a long time. If I had to choose I guess South Park, or many police drama movies, the whole Wolf array.

What is your favorite book? Favorite book, again it’s tough to choose just one: “Stranger in a Strange Land,” by Robert Heinlein. I re-read it last year.

What is your favorite place? My favorite place? Seriously? Hard to pick one. I miss California.

What do you like to do on your free time? I don’t really have any free time. Outside of QCC it’s music & family. I try to keep busy. It’s the kind of work that keeps one alive and young…although often stressed.

What is your best/favorite QCC story? When I worked with Dean Brown I went to him to discuss some job issue I had. He heard me out, then looked me in the eyes and said, “That’s why they call it work John. Get back up there and do it!”

Quote: I enjoy working at QCC because I truly believe that “democratization of information” is the key to creating a world where people can discover that there is indeed “unity in difference.”

We want to learn about you! Please share your story with your colleagues. Please fill out the attached form http://www.qcc.edu/facultystaff-spotlight  and be the next spotlight.

Video credit: Kimberly Thompson, QCC Systems Analyst/Programmer

Share