QCC follows the New York Times Manual of Style and Usage.
- Abbreviations for Days of the Week: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat., Sun.
- Phone number format: 508.854.7513
- Usage of any acronym requires that it is spelled out completely the first time it is used, followed by the acronym in parenthesis. Additional mentions then use the acronym without parenthesis.
- Dates are written as July 2, 2012 or December 31 – with no ordinals, i.e., 1st, 2nd, etc.
- Time is written as 10:00 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.
Campus locations are written as follows:
- QCC Main Campus
- QCC Southbridge
- QCC at Assabet
- QCC at the Center for Workforce Development and Continuing Education
- QCC at the Worcester Senior Center
- QCC at Burncoat High School
Color Printing 101
CMYK (Or process color) is referred to as subtractive color and uses just four inks applied in order, separately, to create all colors. (“Subtractive” because it is applied against white, reducing or subtracting the light that would otherwise be reflected.) CMYK colors are Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black.
RGB color is the additive process where red, blue, and green light is applied together against black to create all colors. Used in TV, computer monitors and digital photography images. RGB color is device dependent.
A variety of QCC Templates are available for various types of publications. The Office of Communications is always happy to provide an appropriate template based on the project or will offer our services to complete any approved project.
QCC Promotional Items
A variety of promotional items sanctioned for use at QCC Events are available for purchase from the Office of Institutional Communications (IC). These items are imprinted with the QC logo or wyvern mascot as appropriate. IC will also special order items as necessary and will recommend preferred vendors.
A sample list of QCC promo items is included here. For a more complete list and an order form, contact Leon Granados at lgranados [at] qcc.mass.edu in IC.
- Polo Shirts
- Pens and Highlighters
- Mouse Pads
- Water Bottles
- Flexible Flyers
QCC Business Items
IC Produces name badges, business cards and letterheads for employees. Please use the form supplied by IC for name badges and submit to Sheryl Tardie for processing. For business cards and letterheads, send information in an e-mail message directly to Sheryl. (Completed business card and letterhead orders are available for pick up in the Print Shop)
Items can take as long as 3 weeks to process; please maintain accurate inventory and allow appropriate lead-time for your order to be completes. Rush jobs are not possible.
QCC Student Photo
The “QCC kids” (in wyvern t-shirts) photo has been used in a variety of print materials and is now a recognized QCC branding element. Usage is by IC approval.