Unfortunately, the information is probably lost permanently and you will need to recreate it. Contact your instructor immediately.
Here are some reasons why you may have been kicked out:
- The internet connection dropped.
- The browser was refreshed.
- Your browser timed out due to inactivity. Blackboard has a security setting that logs you out if it doesn't receive any input for a period of time. Note: Typing into a text box doesn't count as activity. Saving periodically does count. Save frequently.
These tips might help to prevent future issues:
- Use a wired connection if possible when taking a test. Wireless internet connections are less reliable.
- Do not refresh the browser page.
- Do not close the browser window
- Do not click the browser's back button.
- If possible, type out the text in an external application like Notepad and then paste it into Blackboard Learn. Working offline first ensures that your work in progress will not be lost.
- If you are working in assignments, save your work in progress. Saving often helps avoid any browser timeout issues.