Frequently Asked Questions - Blackboard Collaborate
Collaborate is Blackboard’s online platform that creates a synchronous learning space for virtual classrooms and meetings with audio, video, and desktop sharing capacities. See Collaborate webinar recordings.
Before using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for the first time, be sure to watch this short video which will help you become proficient in using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Blackboard recommends using the Chrome browser with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
No, the mobile app doesn't have the same features as the desktop app:
Available Web Conferencing Functions:
- Viewing the Whiteboard.
- Viewing an Application on another user's desktop.
- Access to breakout rooms.
- Sending and receiving chat messages with the entire room.
- Listening to other speakers and speaking to the room.
- Responding to polls.
Web Conferencing Functions not Available for Mobile Participants:
- Private Chat
- Live Video
- Annotation on the Whiteboard
- Moderator Controls
- Recording Playback
Moderators must join the session from a desktop or laptop computer. Moderator tools are not available from a mobile device.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra support is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
You can access our help by one of the following ways:
- You can use our Blackboard Help Knowledge Base to search for an answer to your question.
- You can get help by submitting a “help” ticket or through "chat" by clicking on Contact Technical Support.
- To use “chat”, click on “Chat with Agent”.
- To create a help ticket, please "Create a case" and fill out the web form with as much information as possible.
- You can call the QCC Help Desk (508.854.4427) and follow the prompts for Blackboard Collaborate Help.
Blackboard lists the accessibility features of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra on the Blackboard Collaborate Assistive Technology page.