Welcome to the Quinsigamond Community College's Children's School
The Children's School provides full day programs open to students enrolled in the College with children ages two year and nine months to five years, as well as members of the college and community. Additionally, the School serves as a training site for students in the Early Childhood Education program.
All groups are mixed ages of 2 years and 9 months to 5 years of age.
The Children's School focuses on providing the following to each of its children:
- A rich learning environment for young children.
- Quality child care for children of students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- A program of supervised student participation and field placement experience for Early Childhood Associate Degree students.
- Informational meetings for parents/guardians.
- A demonstration preschool setting for observational purposes for our students, perspective students, parents/guardians, and other community members.
Quinsigamond Community College Children’s School shall not discriminate in providing services to children and their families on the basis of race, religion, cultural heritage, political beliefs, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Classroom 1 and 2 Daily Schedule
Each of the 2 groups of 18-20 children are staffed by two lead teachers, a teacher, part-time time teachers, and between 2-4 student teacher under the supervision of faculty and/or lead teachers.
Monday through Friday 7:15 to 5:15 pm
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 7:15 to 5:15 pm
Tuesday/Thursday 7:15 to 5:15
*half day on Fridays only, program closes at noon
Enrollment begins in February for the following academic year (September to May) for both classrooms. Both classrooms also have part-time teachers. All of the teachers are certified by the Department of Early Education and Care.
Early Education and Care available through out the summer! 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Enrollment begins in March for Summer 1 and Summer 2 programs. Parents/Guardians may combine sessions to plan for a full year program.
Financial assistance may be available for some families.
For fee information, contact the center at 508.854.4220 or email jlohnes [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu.