Courses for Dental Hygienists
Local Anesthesia for Dental Hygienists L-Permit Certification
This 40-hour training course is designed to prepare the licensed dental hygienist for the written certification examination for the Administration of Local Anesthesia administered by the Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners (NERB) in compliance with the regulations of the Board of Registration in Dentistry, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. This course includes:
- The basic science of local anesthetics
- Anatomy of the head, neck, and oral cavity including osseous and neuro anatomy
- Selection and preparation of armamentaria
- Pharmacology of local anesthetic and vasoconstrictors
- Techniques for administration of local anesthetic agents
- Medical and legal management of complications
- Prevention and management of medical emergencies
- Infection control techniques
For more information or to register, Local Anesthesia for Dental Hygienists L-Permit Certification.
Hands-On Local Anesthesia Workshop
This course is open to dental hygienists who have a Permit L and is a refresher course in local anesthesia techniques and administration. This course includes: • Review of osseous and neuroanatomy • Review of injection techniques • Anesthetic and armamentarium selection, set up and safety • Hands-on supervised review of injection techniques • Clinical troubleshooting • Local anesthesia Q&A
For more information or to register, Hands-On Local Anesthesia Workshop.