The Engineering - Biomedical Engineering Option is a rigorous program that emphasizes mathematics, sciences, and life sciences. It prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities at which they can continue their education in all fields of biomedical engineering, medicine, life sciences, and sciences. The program strives to develop students’ ability and awareness to think critically, solve problems, foster a strong sense of global community, and work wisely and creatively to better themselves and the world in which they live.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, biology, sciences, and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a component, device, or process to meet desired needs.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems with special focus on biological and health systems and products.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.