The Full Charge Bookkeeper Certificate focuses on the accounting skills, knowledge, certification and practical experience needed in business. Upon graduation, students will be prepared for entry-level full charge bookkeeper positions in a variety of business settings and may move seamlessly into the Associate in Science in Business Administration.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Adjust entries
- Correct errors, including the bank reconciliation
- Calculate depreciation, book and tax, including passenger autos
- Manage payroll
- Manage inventory under the perpetual and periodic systems, including moving and weighted average, LIFO, FIFO and LCM costing.
Admissions inquiries should be directed to admissions [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu .Prospective students may apply to the program of their choice by following the enrollment steps at the following link: http://www.qcc.edu/pages/Enrollment_Steps.html
CORI, SORI, Finger Printing & Drug Testing:
A Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) and Sexual Offenders Record Information (SORI) are not required. Finger printing and drug testing are not required.
$210.00 (estimated cost) to take the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) Certified Bookkeeper examination.
Technical Performance Standards:
See page 17 in the catalog or the Technical Performance Standards page.
Credit for Prior Learning:
Students enrolled in this program may be able to earn academic credit for prior learning. Please contact the office of Career Placement Services at careerservices [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu, 508-854-4439, Room 272 A.
Transfer Articulations & Opportunities:
Prospective students may learn more about transfer articulation agreements at the following link: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer/ArticPathways.html. More information regarding transfer opportunities is available at: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer
|Course Title||Course #||Semester Offered||Plan to Take||Grade||Credits||Prerequisites|
|Bookkeeping II||BKK 102||F/S/SU||3||BKK 101|
|Business Admin Capstone||BUS 250||F/S/SU||3||42 credits completed in the degree program or approval of program coordinator|
|Advanced Microcomputer Applications||CIS 112||F/S/SU||3||CIS 111|
|Accounting Cooperative Work Experience & Seminar||ACC 299||F/S/SU||3|
|Business Law I||BSL 101||F/S/SU||3|
|Total credits required:||15|
- Students complete this certificate with 15 college credits; 12 credits are transferrable to the AS in Business Administration/Career Program (code:BB)
- BKK 102 is designed for students to prepare for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers certification test within the Full Charge Bookkeeper certificate. It may not be considered equivalent to college level Accounting for the purpose of transfer of credit to some baccalaureate institutions.