The Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Certificate focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to create or manage a small business.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Understand the actions taken to acquire and retain customers; produce goods and services; and measure/track financial performance.
- Understand the leadership skills and personal characteristics needed to succeed in starting and managing a small business.
- Research, develop and implement a business plan.
- Analyze financial statements to determine strengths or weaknesses of an existing business.
- Understand the basic principles of small business marketing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and nonverbal techniques, including the use of appropriate technology in the gathering and presentation of information.
Admissions inquiries should be directed to admissions [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu. Prospective students may apply to the program of their choice by following the enrollment steps at the following link: http://www.qcc.edu/pages/Enrollment_Steps.html
CORI, SORI, Finger Printing & Drug Testing:
A Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) and Sexual Offenders Record Information (SORI) are not required. Finger printing and drug testing are not required.
See http://www.qcc.edu/admissions/tuition-and-fees/program-fees for program fees for this program. (Note: Not all programs have program fees).
Technical Performance Standards:
See the Technical Performance Standards page. (Note: Not all programs have technical performance standards)
Credit for Prior Learning:
Students enrolled in this program may be able to earn academic credit for prior learning.Please contact the Student Employment and Transfer Center at careerservices [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu, 508.854.4439, Room 272 A.
Transfer Articulations & Opportunities:
Prospective students may learn more about transfer articulation agreements at the following link: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer/ArticPathways.html. More information regarding transfer opportunities is available at: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer.
At present, this program is not approved for federal financial aid eligibility.
|Course Title||Course #||Semester Offered||Plan to Take||Grade||Credits||Prerequisites|
|Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||MGT 216||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|Introduction to Microcomputer Applications||CIS 111||F/S/SU||3|
|Financial Accounting I||ACC 101||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score, MAT 090|
|Personal Financial Planning||FIN 111||F/S/SU||3||MAT 090 or approp place score|
|English Composition & Literature I||ENG 101||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|Small Business Finance||FIN 216||S||3||ACC 101|
|Computerized Accounting||ACC 231||S||3||ACC 101|
|Microeconomics*||ECO 216||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|Principles of Marketing||MRK 201||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|Total Credits Required:||27|