The Business Administration Career Program prepares students to successfully enter the workforce upon graduation. The program provides a skills-based curriculum that equips graduates with the knowledge and background needed for a rewarding career in business and industry.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the practice of business, including management, marketing and accounting, and the application of this knowledge in a business setting.
- Think, speak and write critically; articulate and explain a variety of business concepts and apply these concepts to solve common business problems
- Communicate clearly and effectively; create a portfolio of business communications using a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and conduct research using a variety of sources
- Understand the key actions taken to effectively and efficiently utilize company resources to achieve goals.
- Develop a global/mulicultural perspective when analyzing and planning in business
- Demonstrate knowledge of business ethics and how businesses integrate social responsibility into their ongoing operations.
Admissions inquiries should be directed to admissions [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu .Prospective students may apply to the program of their choice by following the enrollment steps at the following link: http://www.qcc.edu/pages/Enrollment_Steps.html
CORI, SORI, Finger Printing & Drug Testing:
A Criminal Offenders Record Information (CORI) and Sexual Offenders Record Information (SORI) are not required. Finger printing and drug testing are not required.
No additional cost.
Technical Performance Standards:
See page 17 in the catalog or the Technical Performance Standards page.
Credit for Prior Learning:
Students enrolled in this program may be able to earn academic credit for prior learning. Please contact the office of Career Placement Services at careerservices [at] qcc [dot] mass [dot] edu, 508.854.4439, Room 272 A.
Transfer Articulations & Opportunities:
Prospective students may learn more about transfer articulation agreements at the following link: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer/ArticPathways.html. More information regarding transfer opportunities is available at: http://www.qcc.mass.edu/transfer.
|Course Title||Course #||Offered||Plan to Take||Grade||Credits||Prerequisites|
|Introduction to Microcomputer Applications or||CIS 111||F/S/SU||3|
|Advanced Microcomputer Applications||CIS 112||F/S||3||CIS 111|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||ECO 215||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|English Composition & Literature I||ENG 101||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score|
|Introduction to Business||MGT 101||F/S/SU||3||ENG 091 with a grade of “C” or higher and passing the ENG 096 departmental writing final examination essay or approp place score|
|Math Elective*||MAT ---||F/S/SU||3||MAT 099|
|Financial Accounting I||ACC 101||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score, MAT 090|
|Business Law I or||BSL 101||F/S/SU||3|
|E-Business Law & Ethics||BSL 103||F/S||3||Coreq-CIS 111|
|English Composition & Literature II||ENG 102||F/S/SU||3||ENG 101|
|Speech Communication Skills||SPH 101||F/S/SU||3||Pre/Coreq ENG 101|
|Financial Accounting II||ACC 102||F/S/SU||3||ACC 101|
|Integrated Communications for Business||BUS 201||F/S/SU||3||ENG 100 or approp place score, CIS 111|
|Social Science Elective||3|
|Business Administration Capstone||BUS 250||F/S||3||42 credits completed in the degree program|
|Lab Science or Science Elective||3-4|
|Total credits required:||60-61|
- Students should note that many required courses have ENG and/or MAT prerequisites.
- This program can be completed at the Southbridge location.
- Students should discuss their choice of electives with their Academic Advisors to ensure that they are taking the most suitable courses to meet their goal.
*MAT 100 or higher